We have plenty of employment opportunities available! Click on each position for a complete job description.
Store Manager (In training) (Full time)
Assistant Store Manager (In training) (Full time)
Production Manager (Full time)
Sorters (Full time)
Production Assistant Class A (Full time)
Donation Attendant (Part time)
Sales Associates (Part time)
To be considered for any position with The Salvation Army, Portland Metro area, you must submit an application. Once you have completed the application, you can fax it directly to 971.230.5348 or email it to email@example.com
*Fillable application is not an online application. You need to download it, type your answers, save and then send it in to us.
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to our employees and their families. Because of this, we strive to offer comprehensive benefits including: major medical and dental plans, education assistance, retirement plans and paid time off.
The Salvation Army offers a robust benefits package to our regular, full-time employees.* Below you will find a description of just some of the benefits we may offer.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Medical Plan, with additional dental and vision coverage and life insurance.
- Paid Time Off benefits including holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave are available to many of our employees.
- The Salvation Army has an Educational Assistance Program available to employees who are seeking to build on their educational foundation.
- Retirement plans include a Pension Plan for eligible employees, as well as the opportunity to participate in a tax deferred annuity program.
* Available benefits are subject to job classification. Contact hiring manager for further details.
- Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, protect qualified individuals from discrimination on the basis of disability in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. Disability discrimination includes not making reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or employee, barring undue hardship.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The Salvation Army is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified job applicants, job candidates, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. EEO is the Law.
- The Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212, prohibits job discrimination and requires affirmative action to employ and advance in employment disabled veterans, recently separated veterans (within three years of discharge or release from active duty), other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veterans (veterans who, while on active duty, participated in a U.S. military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded).